Sunday, April 10, 2011

Google searches, blog hits

Sometimes I wonder why and when I get hits for the blog. My colleague Teb recently showed me Google Trends, a neat tool that lets you look at trends in Google searches on one or more terms. The term "Japan earthquake brought up the following trend. The peak, of course, is when the Japanese earthquake occurred on March 11, with a decrease ever since.

Google Analytics also allows one to monitor the hist on one's own web site. Can't say I have mastered it yet (I don't find it too user friendly), but the graph below shows the hits on this blog, also since the Japan quake


Pretty good correlation. There are even corresponding upturns on March 14 and 28. 

The hits have decreased, but I hope concern for the victims and the drive to improve earthquake protection everywhere will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wave to us!